Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Project: Buy Local- 4 more days!

4 more days!!!!

4 more days and Project: Buy local will be underway.  Today I officially ended the task of handing out 500 flyers.  I was worried I wouldn't get them all handed out.  It had rained here almost everyday this past week thus putting a hold on my delivering the flyers.  But I made it! 

I'm really excited and curious to see how this all goes down.  Do people really care about buying local?  Did anyone even read the flyers I handed out?  Will Pansies be swarmed with support and love this coming Saturday?  Only time will tell and I am so nervous but excited to find out.

Today I went all the way (across the street) to Pansies to get some pictures. The store is just busting at the seams with flowers, plants and gardening needs.  Sometimes I find myself just starting at the store from my front window drooling over all the things I could buy to put in my garden.  I'm already eyeballing my $20+ worth of stuff.

Store Front

You might even be greeted by one of the two shop cats.  They are SUPER sweet.

Frugal buyer like me?? Pansies is having a great sale going on!

This is what I see from my front window... aren't I lucky?

hint hint... it is Mothers Day this weekend.  I'm sure your mom would love these!

In the green house: Vegetables and flowers.

Honestly, these hanging baskets are stunning.  And I'm not a big hanging basket person.

Pretty flowers.

Long rows of beautiful flowers.

Want to plant wisconsin natives, they have a section so you don't have to do the guess work.


Oh, and if you are hungry while shopping, Pansies has a brat fry going on that day too. 

So come on, people, lets make this Project: Buy Local event awesome! Saturday, May 12th... Tell your friends!  Tell your neighbors!  Heck, tell complete strangers!

3 comments:

  1. Boo I did not get a flyer. BUT it's okay since I saw it on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping I made it to your house (clearly I have no idea where you live except you are 2 or so blocks from me)... :( Sorry! The 500 flyers sure went fast... I may need more next time. I hope you can make it to Pansies on Saturday. They are having an awesome sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really nervous and excited too! I just want it to be a great day for you. And you know what? No matter what the actual financial outcome or anything at Pansies, I know this project will have raised awareness about the concept and I'm positive the Pansies people loved the attention and the effort you've put forth. I just think it's so cool!

    ReplyDelete