Saturday, May 26, 2012

Harvest Re-Do

As you read yesterday, my plans for a post about our first strawberry harvest went down the tubes when I lost all the pictures.  BUT yesterday we had opportunity for a harvest re-do (and I triple checked the camera to make sure I got it this time).  Our small strawberry patch which started out with three small strawberry plants has now become a web of lush green foliage and a bountiful amount of strawberries.  Yesterday 3 strawberries were red, juicy, and screaming at us "Eat me!".  Unlike the first harvest where we had to split 1 delicious strawberry into 3, we each got our own this time!



Finley examining the strawberry.  Medium sized, bright red, no bruising... so far so good.

The first bite.

Juicy and sweet...

Finley approves (trust me, she is an expert at strawberries).  We just may have the perfect strawberry!

We have a lot of strawberries coming our way this year, but we plan on planting double if not triple what we have now to keep us in steady supply of these things for many years to come.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh... strawberries.  What a perfect harvest for the start of the season.

1 comment:

  1. i have to babysit my strawberries, or the slugs eat them whole the night before they are ripe! usually i end up propping them up on green ones. glad yours are easier to harvest! :) liz

    ReplyDelete