Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Door to our Homestead

This weekend was absolutely beautiful.  85 degrees and sunshine?  Yes please!  Friday evening I wrote our weekend To Do List.  I MUST do this because simply there is too much to do that I'll forget it all in 10 minutes. 


I am proud to say that I crossed off nearly every item on my list!  One item in particular was painting our front door.  The color?  Big Easy- a bright turquoise/robins egg blue.  I love it!

Before:


As you can see the door must have been burnt by the sun creating that ugly dark brown square in the middle.

After:  (4 coats of paint later)


The brown square is still there even after 4 coats of paint.  I guess I should have primed the darn thing!  But after the 4th coat I gave up and called it a day.  It's still a beaut and 100% better than a half burnt front door.


*** Please excuse the spider webs and rusty screened door.  We refuse to use pesticide and apparently refuse to replace our 55+ year old screened door :)  

3 comments:

  1. Cool, Lindsay. How did the "Buy Local" day go at Pansies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love the color. Cool and contemporary.

    ReplyDelete