Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pinterest In Action

This is yet another Pinterest inspired project.

Source
It's not out of character for me to do a bit of dumpster diving.  So it should be no surprise to you to hear the wood for this craft was found hanging out of someones trash.  I took it home (with a few stares from people passing by) with the perfect project for it in mind.

Materials:
Wood, Paper printed with what you want to write in the font you like, pen, paint, polyurethane.

Step 1:
Place the word on your peice of wood and tape in place.


Step 2:
Trace the letters with a pen, pushing hard so that it indents into the wood.




Step 3:
Paint in the letter outlines on your piece of wood.  My paint of choice?  Caribbean Blue.


Step 4:
Do 2-3 layers of polyurethane to protect the paint from the elements outside.


Step 5:
Have a strong handsome man screw the signs onto whatever you want.  For me, it was my garden beds.  I would do this myself, but my skills with a drill are really quite pathetic.



Step 6:
Stand back and enjoy!  Since putting these signs up, Andy and I have noticed that it turns peoples heads more.  I hope they aren't staring because they are thinking about stealing my raspberries!



Please don't mind the weeds and lack of landscaping... I'm getting to it!
Warning: this project can become addictive and you will want to write and paint words on everything!  I have already made a blackberry sign and I'm looking for more!

1 comment:

  1. I love those! I am definitely doing this. I usually see crafty stuff and I think it's cool but I could never be organized and motivated enough to do it. These are absolutely gorgeous though. I'm totally doing it! Where did you get your letters?

    Those beds look great! And yeah, someone is totally going to steal them. :)

    ReplyDelete