Friday, June 1, 2012

Homesteaders Daughter: 1st Haircut

Today Finley got her very first haircut!  Her hair is quite long and I didn't want to lose the length, but I was hoping a trim would help it along to thicken and grow.  Plus her bangs were always in her eyes. 

In actuality I probably could have done this myself and I will in the future, but there is just something special about one's childhood that involves your first haircut at a fancy place.

Before shots:




During (which  involved a lot of tears and screaming "help me"):


After (where she realized it wasn't so bad):



He really didn't cut off much- in fact I was expecting him to cut off more.  It seems silly to pay a fair amount of money for such a small amount, but oh well.  It was for the whole experience of it.  And now we have a few things to add to the baby book.  My baby's getting so big!


2 comments:

  1. So cute! Looks like she had a great time. Also, you are one of the winners of the Down and Dirty Guides to Camping with Kids book giveaway from GoatNotes. Let me know where you would like your copy sent. You can send my an e-mail:
    talktogoat(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another important milestone! I see Finley got a sucker... at the END of the haircut. Chris was a terror for his first haircut and didn't help that the barber gave him a sucker at the START. What a disaster that hair-covered sucker was! Finley looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete