Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grandpa's House

This past Sunday the whole family (my family, my brother and his wife, my mom and her boyfriend, and my aunt) decided to head up to Grandpa's house.  He's been recovering magnificently and thought it would be a nice day to chat, eat some good food and hang outside and enjoy the weather and land.

It wouldn't be a family event if Ally, Finley and I didn't wear matching shirts we created a couple days before.  Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute... got it??


Ally lazily and with pure hippie style lounged on the pond.


We went fishing.  I must admit that I internally struggled with this considering our vegetarian ways.  We sent them all back into the pond, but still.  Who wants to get hooked in the face.  I certainly don't.

If you can believe it, Ally caught the biggest fish of the day.  She was a natural!


I caught a small one- very small one.  I had no luck.  Except I did catch two Bullhead fish (who apparantly sting) and one swallowed the hook too deep and died.  My heart broke a bit.  It died for no good reason. :(


My mom caught the smallest fish of all.  It's really quite amazing that you can even catch a fish that small!


Finley just explored.  But for some odd reason every time I saw her she was wearing one less article of clothing.


Until she decided being free and naked was the way to go.  Btw, score on pictures I can use to embarrass Finley in the future!


The two kiddos fast asleep moments from leaving Grandpa's house.  Woodstock quickly joined them.


1 comment: