Sunday, June 10, 2012

Strawberry Sessions: Strawberry Muffins

Another Strawberry Session here...


In case your thinking that I am a crappy cook or baker and should quit my job as homesteader (my thoughts exactly), I am here to redeem myself.  I've had two fails this week with my strawberry sessions, BUT these strawberry muffins were a major success... finally!

I don't have any source to give you guys as far as a recipe.  I scanned cookbooks and the Internet for a good strawberry muffin recipe and pretty much combined them all into what I thought would make an exceptional strawberry muffin.  They were quite easy to make, as most muffins are, and they were the perfect consistency and taste for a breakfast muffin.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Strawberries- cut into small pieces
2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar,
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Sour Cream ( I used soy sour cream, but feel free to use regular sour cream)
1/2 Cup Butter- melted than cooled off
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 Cup Milk

First you will combine the dry ingredients:  Flour, Sugar, BP, BS, Cinnamon, & Salt.  Mix the strawberries into the dry ingredients. In another bowl beat together 2 eggs, Sour Cream, melted butter, Vanilla Extract, & Milk.  Combine the wet with the dry, be sure not to over stir it.  The batter will be quite thick so with an ice cream scoop, even distribute the batter among the 12.  They will fill near the top.


Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes

 

These muffins are dense with great flavor and bursts of juicy strawberries.  The perfect morning treat.


By the way, are you still in shock that I finally made something that wasn't disappointing and a complete waste of my precious freshly picked strawberries?  I am!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Linds! The muffins do look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not shocked. I had complete and total faith in you. These look great!

    ReplyDelete