Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Strawberry Sessions: Strawberry Poppyseed Salad Dressing

The final post of the strawberry sessions!  I have strawberries left over, but they are getting past their ripe stage and look to be that they will be more helpful in the compost.

Yesterday was my husbands birthday (shhhhh... he turned 42 and doesn't like it one bit), so on Sunday we had family and friends come over to help celebrate.  I had spent almost 3 days planning and on Sunday I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  There was just sooooo much to do.  The easiest thing I did that day (besides sit down and drink my beer) was make the salad dressing for the salad.

Our lettuce has been overflowing which meant that a salad was in order.  I made a huge salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, and of course, strawberries.  I found a recipe on pinterest for strawberry salad dressing and I knew I had to try it.  I'm glad I did because it was nothing short of heaven and AMAZING!  Here is the source in case you want to make this yourself too.



Strawberry-Poppyseed Salad Dressing

Ingredients:
1 clove garlic
1/8 slice of a small purple onion
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh strawberries, raspberries (or 2 T. raspberry jam)
1/3 white vinegar
1/2 cup extra light olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon poppyseeds

Directions:
Place all ingredients (except poppyseeds) into a blender. Blend until entirely pureed. Stir in poppyseeds. Serve immediately over your favorite salad or store for up to 48 hours.


I quadrupled the recipe and I'm glad I did!  Most of my guests asked if they could take some home with them.  It was a nice sight to see the guests leave with a glass bottle filled with pure yummyness that was made in MY kitchen.


 Isn't that pink color so refreshing for a summer salad?   Mmmm, now I want to go have a salad... and it's only 6:30 in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. I am going strawberry picking tomorrow and I am TOTALLY MAKING THIS!

    And fruit leather.

    But probably not any jam. I just don't eat much jam.

    ReplyDelete