Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Homesteaders Daughter: A day in the life of a Toddler

As some of you may now, I am a nanny for two different families during the week.  On Mondays and Wednesdays, Finley and I go to take care of a cute little boy name Jack.  He is 1 month older than Finley, so they have definitely become BFF this past year. 

Want to know what a day in the life of Finley's looks like?

Lets start off at 5:30 in the morning.  The pirate eye patch is quite the accessory, don't you think?


Around 7:30-8, we head over to Jack's house for the day.  They are so excited to see each other that it sometimes involves 10 minutes of jumping up and down and screaming.  Than it's straight to business.  Dressing up as a firefighter with high heels... the perfect blend of tom boy and girly girl.


We play hide and seek for awhile.  Jack and Finley... Where are you??!!


It's not even 9 yet and we are on to playing some piano.  It's never to early to play Christmas music.


Here is where Jack was yelling at Finley for singing Jingle Bells too loud.  Best friends yet enemies at the same time... sounds like siblings.


Finley had to take a moment and talk on the cell phone (or calculator).    She kept saying "Grandma, What are you doing?  Building castle? ok.".  I don't think my mother was building a castle, jus' saying.


It's always nice to fit in a bit of time for waving the U.S. flag.


Okay, now I'm getting tired.  What time is it? 9:30 a.m!  Are you effing kidding me?? Longest.Day.Ever!

The rest of the day entailed going to the park and having a picnic, going back home to clean the tornado that went through, and finally nap time.  Wow. 

4:00 p.m. and Finley and I are on our way home.  We spend some time watching Tangled for the 50th time this week.


Finley does some tumbling on the furniture.  2 years ago I would have sworn to you that no child of mine would ever be monkeying around on my precious furniture.  My, have things changed.


It's fun to dodge the camera!


Thank my lucky stars, it's time to eat dinner, have a bath, and go to bed!  By 7:30-8:00, Finley is asleep and I am collapsed, incapable of movement, on the couch. 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I think this sounds so totally awesome. I mean, it looks EXHAUSTING, but it seems cool to be able to spend the time with Finley, get buddy time, and help another mom out. Win-win-win.

    ReplyDelete