Monday, April 9, 2012

Craft Time- Wreath

It has been a long time coming for this project.  I found a wreath on pinterest that I wanted to do something similar- see here!  I didn't want to buy the wreath new so it took FOREVER to find one.  Luckily, I found a straw wreath at an estate sale for $1.00 and I snatched it up.  The total cost for this craft was $1.00 as I had the yarn and glue at home. 

First you wrap the wreath in any color yarn.  It would be great if the straw wreath is still in it's wrapping, but unfortunately mine was not.  There is still straw to be found in my carpet and furniture!



Next is to make the flowers.  The original source makes flowers out of felt.  I have also seen flowers made with scrap fabric.  I was planning on doing the flowers with the fabric, but it seemed a bit more labor intensive so I opted for crocheted flowers instead.  I have never crocheted a flower before.  And when I need some good "how to" stuff I go straight onto YouTube!  This is the tutorial I used... It was super easy.


I made 4 flowers.  1 large, 2 medium and 1 small.  You can make as many flowers as you want of course.  Then decide where you want the flowers to go and hot glue them to the wreath.


The wreath turned out really great.  And it looks lovely on my door.  So sweet and simple... just my style. 



It would be really hard to find a project easier than this.  Plus it's super cheap to make!  Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment