Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Thoughts, Happy Thoughts

The sun has decided to hide behind the clouds today and it has only amplified my serious case of the blues.  I'm not entirely sure on what has me so blue, but I know a big part of it is I'm not taking 100% care of myself.  I'm neglecting myself which in turn is making me feel not like myself and more like a very crappy version of myself.  A lot of the hows and whys to my blues is very personal and I'm not sure if I'm ready to divulge such information to you yet.  I just hope I can get myself out of this misery. 

I have a busy day today.  First, we are going to Finley's friends 2nd birthday party and then we are off to Andy's Aunts surprise birthday party.  And then tonight I am going to a get together with some old friends from high school.  I've been really excited to go, but right now I'm just hoping I can put a smile on my face and put my blues aside. 

And a quick solution to side track my brain to happier things?  Thinking of all the things that make me happy, of course.

Dave Matthews Band.  One song and I instantly feel better.
Source
Sunshine
Source
VW Busses (big plus if surrounded by trees)
Source
All vintage owl things
Source
Traveling
Source
But most of all, my family, doing the most ordinary things.

What do you do when you have the blues?  What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment