Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thrift Store Haul

In a little less than 3 weeks from now, I will be flying high in the sky all they way down to the Florida Keys.  That's right, Folks, the FLORIDA KEYS!!  I'm meeting my brother and his lovely girlfriend down there for his birthday and a nice week of relaxation.  While Finley will be staying home with Daddy (I don't know who I feel for worse, Daddy or Finley) and I will miss them more than anything, I am so so so excited.  Warm weather, beaches and ocean water to work its wonder on my dreads, I wish I was leaving right now.

So in preparation for this trip, I needed to get summer clothes.  All my old summer clothes were too big and have been donated.  Most of you know by now that Andy and I make a very conscious effort to not buy things new, clothes included, so the challenge was to find clothes at the thrift store which is A LOT harder than you may think.  I went two times and tried on 50 different things and came home with nothing.  I even left the store and cried in the car... ever have those moments?  It's been frustrating because while I've lost a lot of weight already, it seems nothing fits me.  Well the third time's the charm because I went to the thrift store this week and scored big.

This is my thrift store haul:

First I can never not get Finley anything at the store so I picked her up a few things. I got her a shirt for $1.50 and these shoes:

$5 for the rain boots and $3 for the pink dress shoes
Next was all for me... I was just glad stuff actually fit!

$7

$5

$6

$5

$4
In addition to the above I also got these (I didn't want to blow up your screen with pictures):

-Brown shirt with crochet design (similar to the black one above)- $5
-Black Spaghetti strap sundress- $4
-Navy blue shorts (new with tags)- $4.50
-Jean shorts- $2.50
-Khaki Capris- $6
-Lavender Capris (new with tags)- $5.50
-Tankini Swim Suit (new with tags)- $4

Quite the haul, huh?  And I only spent a total of $68 + tax.  If buying new... $68 could buy me a couple dresses, maybe.  I still need to get a few things to complete some outfits, but for the most part I think I'm covered pretty good for my trip.

Do any of you guys thrift shop for clothes too?

1 comment:

  1. I shop at Portland's local exchange stores. I LOVE them. They're different than thrift in that stuff is selected based on style and such, but it's cheap and when you're done with it, you can bring it back for store credit. I do love thrif-stores too... depending on how clean and cared for stuff is.

    My sister, on the other hand, is a THRIFTAHOLIC. Hard core. Like, she has an addiction. I love going with her though because she finds the gems that I always seem to miss.

    ReplyDelete