Friday, March 30, 2012

Florida Keys- Day 3

Today I puked... a lot.  That pretty much sums up my whole day.  What started off on a good start with a very yummy veggie and egg beater omelet at the Stuffed Pig here in Marathon, quickly turned for the worse.  We all decided that today would be a good day to go on a charter fishing trip.  My brother was pretty fond of the idea of catching some fish and surprisingly I was kind of interested in it too.  So this afternoon we packed onto the boat like a bunch of sardines and off we went.  I knew 10 minutes in that I was in trouble.  Big waves + me = catastrophe.  It was a 4 hour trip and only an hour in I was puking my brains out.  Of course they won't let you puke in the bathroom.  I think they like to watch you humiliate yourself in front of complete strangers as you hang your head over the side of the boat spewing breakfast chunks onto everyone else's fishing line as well as the side of the boat.  It was not my prettiest moment in life as strings of stomach bile hung from my face and blew in the wind.  Did I make you puke yet with all this nasty detail??

My brother and his girlfriend didn't have the grandest time either.  They were hoping for a successful fishing day but instead caught this:

Seaweed.

A shark whom we promptly put back into the ocean!

And this tiny little dude.  We put him back into the ocean too.
After what seemed like forever to me, the 4 hours came to an end and we were safely back on land.   We were extremely disappointed in our fish charter experience, but oh well.  We can't win them all.  After getting off the boat we went over and fed the "pet" Tarpon.  They were huge and scary.


Amanda laughing at my scared ass while that fish tried to eat my hand off.
This pelican also tried to kill me.  And by kill I mean he took 2 steps toward me and I ran away like a baby.
We than went to eat dinner at this place called the Island Fish Company.  It was very unsatisfactory with mediocre food and the worst service I have ever had.  Good thing we had these drinks to swallow our tongues from expressing our disgust.  The money we left for our bill/tip said plenty as to how dissatisfied we were. 


Luckily, our night actually ended on a good note when we went to Sparky's Landing and had a ginormous slice of key lime pie.  The one man band, or as Ryan described him, "Ned Flanders with a guitar" helped make it a good night too. 

1 comment:

  1. First off... damn! What a stinking bummer.

    Secondly, they won't LET you puke in the bathroom? How do they know what you're doing in there? Blah!

    Thirdly, your sister-in-law does look real cute in that laughing photo. I love laughing photos.

    Fourthly, I totally believe that the Pelican did indeed try to kill you. Birds are evil - all of them. It's good you ran away.

    Fifthly, yay for solid ground and drinks.

    I hope tomorrow is better!

    ReplyDelete