Thursday, March 29, 2012

Florida Keys- Day 2

Today was a very low key day.  We went to the beach, swam in the ocean (!!!! It was awesome, btw), ate some food, drank some beer, listened to live music... I'm almost too tired to even go into detail of my whole day.  BUT I do have pictures! :)

The beach at Bahia Honda State Park... There was a bit of a seaweed problem, but not enough to ruin my day.

Apparently suntanning means laying out with a hat over your face and t-shirt on.

My E.T. toes and the beach.

Bought a sunhat.

We had drinks at The Wreck & Galley Grill.

Ryan kind of looks like Malcolm X in this picture... may just be the beer goggles though too.

Isn't she pretty?

Sunset #2... still blocked by clouds.  Third times the charm?

We saw a live band that was okay, but we stuck around for a guy named Art to give us a private concert instead.

The gang with Art.  It may be his beard, fanny pack, or old man ways, but I think I'm in love.  He reminds me of Andy when he turns 60.
Day 2 was a success.  Especially since we ended it with some more key lime pie.  Ryan had to one up me and get it fried, but I still think mine was better.  Tomorrow looks to be more sunny skies.  We are thinking about renting some kayaks.  We'll see where the day takes us.

1 comment:

  1. Wowsa. I am envious that you are in SUNSHINE! With family! And pies! It sounds like you are getting a much-needed, much-deserved, fabulous time in Florida.

    Love the updates. At least I can live vicariously. And next week, you'll have to live through ME while I'll be in Vegas (not as cool as Florida, but sunshiney.)

    ReplyDelete