Monday, July 23, 2012

Change

Ever since Finley was born (or really conceived) I have been a nanny.  I always told people that I don't have a real job, I just babysit.  In actuality, it was a very real job that involved the most patience and love I have ever had to give.  I loved it, but it was also very draining.

So when I was hit (more like knocked out) with pneumonia, I decided I was in need for a change.  So I am happy to say that TODAY is my very first day of truely being a stay at home mom!


Gotta admit though... I'm scared.  Now I really have to be accountable for all the housework and I suddenly no longer have the excuse that I was tired from work.  Thinking about fitting in all the housework and entertaining a 2 year old had my head spinning last night.  So much so it kept me up for hours as I googled "stay at home mom schedules" on my phone.  Also, am I going to be good at this?  I don't want to be the depressed, always screaming at their child, drinking a glass of wine at 10 in the morning type of mom.  Only time will tell.



I think change is important and necessary in life.  So that makes me excited to see how this change affects my life and family.  I hope Finley will one day be proud of the way I raised her, forgoing my degree and professional career to take care of family.  Why?  Because this is what I really really want and family and my children are the most important.

Care to follow along on my journey?  First step,  find a housewives guide while I hang up the laundry and feed the little one breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. You will have good days and bad days...the same with any job. I've been a stay at home mom for 8 years now....with a little part time job all the time but only a few hours each week. It's a lot to take in. It can get lonely. It can be draining. BUT it is amazing. When you send Finley off to school in a few short years, you will know that YOU made her who she is and you will never regret the years of spending them with her! Now that both of my girls are off to school all day, I finally had to get a "real" job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember going through all of these feelings too when I made the decision to resign from the firm after Bennett was born. I had so many questions and doubts and hypothetical scenarios that my brain invented in the wee hours of the mornings...but you know what? I love it. I know everyone doesn't, but I do. It takes some time to find your groove, but you will. And if you don't, then you make another change!

    You'll rock this.

    ReplyDelete