Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hooray For Me!


Last month Andy and I went to our first monthly meeting of the Sustainable Neenah Committee.  It's a great committee that discusses actions the city of Neenah needs to take in order to become a more sustainable and eco-friendly community.  Needless to say I was hooked once I heard all the great ideas they were hoping to do for this year, not to mention all the great things they have already done.  I went outside of my comfort zone and typical socially anxious self and immediately applied to join the committee.

Well, tonight I found out that I will soon be appointed a member of the Sustainable Neenah Committee.  Hooray for me!!

I was worried they would say I have no significant impact for the committee and I would go home with sadness written all over my face.  But perhaps they see the potential that I see.  I'm excited to join the forces and help make my community a better place.  I'm hoping my learning experiences in this homesteading journey will help in my role as a committee member and vice-versa.

I have so many ideas running through my head and just pure excitement that I'm sure it will be difficult to sleep tonight.  For once in my life I actually feel like I can have a significant impact on something... and that is just something I can't avoid to celebrate (too bad it's too late for some chocolate)!

Hooray for me!

Check out the Sustainable Neenah website here!

3 comments:

  1. Great job! It's hard to step out of one's comfort zone- very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Yay for you indeed!

    (And on a side note, how are your dreads coming? Gonna post any current photos anytime soon?)

    ReplyDelete