Sunday, February 19, 2012

Heading to the Library

 Another post about the library??? Yup!  Why not?

So, the Neenah Public Library is hosting a series that is really cool.  And if you live in Neenah or are within 15-20 minutes from Neenah, YOU NEED TO GO!  Heck, I'll even give you a ride and bake you cookies if you go... any takers?

It's called the Suburban Homesteading Series and during spring the library will be hosting numerous events on various homesteading subjects.  The first event is tomorrow night (Monday, February 20th) and the subject is Moving Towards Sustainability: Understanding the Basics.  I'm super excited about what I can learn.  I am clearly not an expert and any learning opportunity is a HUGE bonus for me. 

Link
This series couldn't come at a better time.  My brain has been overtaken by gardening and homesteading.  Perhaps it is the shining sun or lack of snow, but I have spent my entire weekend daydreaming about veggies and dirt.  Like today, I just spent the whole day planning in the calender the dates to start seeds, transplant and plant all of our vegetables we plan on having this year.  I even coordinated all the dates to go in line with the zodiac dates via the Farmers Almanac.  I'm feeling really good about how our garden is going to do this year.

Speaking of seed starting...in the very near future I'll be posting about our makeshift seed starting station.  Andy was working on it yesterday and I think it looks awesome!  I may be biased, but anything he builds or puts together is pretty kick ass.  Warning though, I failed to get pictures of him hard at work putting it all together. :(

Now, back to the library... just go.  Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment